New York Private Bank & Trust and its operating bank, Emigrant Bank (the country’s largest, privately owned, family-run bank) is led by Howard P. Milstein. The Milstein family acquired Emigrant in the 1980’s to diversify the family’s real estate and international business interests following three generations of success. Today, in addition to its real estate lending capabilities, Emigrant Bank offers a core group of specialty lending and investing businesses catering to high-net worth individuals and the middle-market, as outlined below:
- New York Private Bank & Trust – Integrated investment advisory, trust, lending and other banking and family office services to serve the needs of wealthy individuals and families.
- HPM Partners – Personalized investment and financial advice to individuals, families, and institutions.
- Emigrant Capital – A wholly owned private equity investment firm that makes long-term, direct investments in middle-market businesses.
- NY Private Trust – Offers a broad range of fiduciary services, including trust services, estate administration services and also specializes in delivering private label trust services.
- Emigrant Bank Fine Art Finance – Lends money to clients using their art and antiques as collateral.
- Galatioto Sports Partners – Advisory, lending, and capital raising to clients in the sports industry.
- Aperture Media Partners – Focused on advising and extending credit to borrowers in the film industry.
- Abacus Finance Group, LLC – Direct Senior lending to lower-middle market companies nationwide, partnering with private-equity sponsors.